Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Question for my fellow blogger friends ......

I've asked this question before and never received a response .... and maybe it's easy to figure out but I haven't yet. LOL My question is .... how do you respond to comments? I love reading comments people leave but I don't know how to respond to them. Many times I get asked a question and I feel bad not answering. I normally just comment back on my own blog ... is that right? Or is there some nifty trick that I don't know??

If someone could let me know, I would be very grateful.

To answer some of the questions I've been getting in my comments .... yes I will post more pictures of Kailee and yes I will be posting some quilting pictures too. LOL

Aloha from HOT Hawaii .... it's 8pm and I am sitting outside on my porch sweating! *blah*

9 comments:

  1. I have my blog set so all comments appear on the blog AND come to me via email, also. I then just hit "reply" to each email and reply to the comments. I try to reply to most of them.....I just feel I want to do that. It is easy to do it via email, too......and that way, the commenter will see it. (I don't think many go back and REREAD my same posts to see any answers I would put there...but I'm quite certain they all read their own email.) If the same question has come up many times, I will usually put an answer in a subsequent post on my blog...like you just did about the pictures of Kailee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do the same as Pat. Give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do it this way too. In fact I just switched to this option at the beginning of this week and I love it! Give it a try :^)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pat has given you the right direction to take care of this. Now, go relax in the 'heat of Hawaii'. TTFN ~Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do it through email and be sure that you are set for other people to respond to you, make sure that when you comment, you are not a no-reply. How I wish it was hot here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, thanks! Now I just have to figure out how to get the comments via email LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll swap your hot in Hawaii for my hot in AZ.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've tried to set it so that I get an email when there is a comment made, but I must have done something wrong because I am still not getting comments =(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Here's how it's done, because I noticed that the comment you left on my blog was no-reply, meaning I couldn't reply via your email. Go to your blog,click on view your complete profile. Click edit profile, then click on show my email. Scroll down a little and you'll see Identity, make sure your email address is typed in the space provided. Click on saved, and that's it. You'll then be set up for comments to 1. go to your blog and 2. comments will also be sent to your email box, and you can just hit reply from your email. If you want to make sure you've done it correctly, feel free to leave a short comment on my blog and I'll let you know if it comes through correctly.

    ReplyDelete